In the context of the legal protection of data, FashionsNews is the data controller. The address of FashionsNews is 1117 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90025
This Policy is not applicable to:
- Human Resource Information: Information submitted on the FashionsNews Careers page at https://FashionsNews.com/careers-listing/ or to employees, former employees, candidates, or contractors. The Penske Media Corporation Human Resources Privacy Notice governs the information posted via the FashionsNews Careers page.
- Editorial Information: Any activities of the editorial department of our Publications journalists, editors, photographers, editors, as well as other editors that may collect, publish, and distribute information regarding you from sources not connected to the use of our services (collectively, “Editorial Activities”). Any Editorial Activities involving information you can share at one of our summits, conference panels, conferences, or any other event.
The Information We Collect
We collect information about you from or through the users of our Services. The kind of information we gather and the purpose for which we use it depends on the services we utilize and how we interact with FashionsNews. We collect, for example, the details you provide when you sign up for an event, take an online survey, take part in a reader panel, sign-up for one or all of our Services as well as an event purchase or request a refund, take part in our social media features, join our Publications or email us with questions or feedback. Suppose you submit content to our forums, social networking features, or other community boards available on our services. In that case, the content will be gathered, and certain information, including the pseudonym you use to post it, could be available to the public to read.
We, as well as our partners acting on our behalf can collect the following data about you and the use you make of the Service:
Information You Provide to Us:
- Contact Information or Registration information like email address, name, phone number, and address.
- Customer service information, such as inquiries and other messages that you direct to us via online forms, telephone, email, or via mail, or summaries and audio recordings of your interactions with customer support
- Interest, demographic and statistical information like interest, lifestyles like hobbies, hobbies, and health and wellness data, including your date of birth, age the gender of your child, income, and other financial information regarding your finances, including sexual orientation, race, or different ethnicities* (to the extent allowed according to applicable law. This information may be provided when you register with the Services or other events, take part in surveys related to the Services, or on other occasions to share your profile or information about your interests.
- Information about the Event or Experience as well as registration, information about the demographics or interests, the information needed to attend an event, such as health information (depending on the event as well as public health guidelines and/or requirements) along with safety and health information such as driver’s license or passport information (as required to be eligible for driving or for travel for experiences or events) or other information you are able to volunteer for during an event.
- User-generated content, such as comments on photos, articles, video, audio, any information you share in public message boards or forums review and feedback, or testimonials you submit about our Services.
- Information about research or surveys (including contact information as well as user-generated content) is collected when you participate in an online survey. Surveys are not compulsory and can require information related to any of the interests, demographics, and statistical information mentioned above along with information on the ownership of a product, your purchase history or plans, political opinions or beliefs, as well as union and guild affiliation. *. In certain situations, the surveys we conduct are integrated into our Services, and the responses you provide are linked to other data including device identifiers and cookies as well as contact information (to the extent that we have this information).
- Information about sweepstakes (including contact details and user generated content ) is collected when you take part in a contest or sweepstakes and includes the information required for participation and the information needed to complete your prize. For prizes exceeding a specific value, we may need your Social Security numbers to help with taxation.
- Contact Information for other individuals (including Personal identifiers), like the name and address of the person to send a gift to them or use our send-to-a-friend feature. If you choose to use the send-to-a-friend feature on our Services, your email address will be included in the message that you send an email to your friend.
- Social media data (which might include contact details, photographs, location information, user-generated content, and demographic data) If you connect your account to us or access our Services via an external connection or login, We may be able to access any information you give to the social network based upon your privacy preferences, such as your email address, name friends list, photos gender, location and the current location; as well as details you share with us directly through our websites on the social media and blogging sites (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WordPress, and Twitter)
- Other information You Decide to give directly to FashionsNews to facilitate your use of the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically:
- Information about the device and identifiers, such as IP address time zones, the type of browser and language used operating system, ISP provider platform type and type of device, and attributes of hardware and software, as well as unique device, advertisement, and app identification numbers
- Internet connection and device activity data, such as details about the files you download, domain names, websites, web pages that you visit, browsing data and clicks, the content or advertisements visited and clicked on, as well as time and date of use, websites that you visit, the products or services you have viewed, forms that you have completed or not completely such as search terms, uploads or downloads and the URL that brought to us, the internet websites you visit after visiting the web page and if you post our content with social media platforms, and other activities related to web browsing and information logged by our servers on the web such as whether the email you receive is opened, your interactions with the email content such as access times, error logs, and similar data. Check out ” Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below for more details on the ways we collect and use the information we collect.
- Geolocation information like states, cities, countries, and ZIP codes is linked to your IP address or calculated from Wi-Fi triangulation, time zones, and exact information about your location using GPS-based functions on mobile devices at your discretion in line with the settings of your mobile device.*
Information provided by third parties:
We might also gather the information described previously (except “Other Information You Choose to Provide”), including contact details such as demographic and other information that we have mentioned, social media data, and information about purchases history, ownership of the product, and political views, religious beliefs as well as guild or union membership, as well as professional information (such as your title and your employer) from different sources like commercial and public databases and affiliates, companies that host various events and conferences, marketing and social media platforms, third-party advertising partners according to your privacy preferences regarding the services you use, as well as from companies that conduct sweepstakes or surveys for us or in conjunction in conjunction with us. We make use of this information to improve or validate the information you provide or that we automatically collect to customize our messages to inform you of services, products and offers that might be of interest to you and to conduct internal research, analysis and improvements to our services. In the event that other customers of our Services give us details about you, like your name or address, for example, for the purpose of sending an item as a gift or to utilize our send-to-a-friend feature we will collect the information from those users.
Please note that certain details such as locations, health data, union membership information, race or ethnicity is classified as “sensitive” under certain laws. In certain areas we don’t handle data that is deemed sensitive. In other cases, if we are processing information classified as sensitive by laws, we will do so in accordance with the law and conformity with the applicable laws.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Based on the services you access and the way you utilize them, We, or our service providers could make use of your personal information for:
- You can avail of the Services you’ve requested to maintain the account and provide service through:
- Processing and processing your transactions
- Service and maintenance of your account
- You are sending out communications you have asked us to send you.
- Contributing to community features and sharing your content
- Republish the information you provide through the Services, using:
- In accordance with our Conditions of Use We will use and edit information provided by you as a result of opportunities offered through the Services that you submit us with email, blogs forums, or as a result of polls, or any other submissions made by users for editorial purposes such as your name, image or photograph as well as biographical information you supply in connection whether or not attributed, which includes Publication in Publications as well as in commercial media and advertisements.
- We use our Marketing, Third Party and Marketing as well as Advertising Goals through:
- We send you newsletters, promotional emails, surveys, and information about services, products, and special offers offered by our partner or us and other organizations with whom we collaborate.
- Customizing the content and advertisements that we as well as our partners from third parties, provide through the Service (e.g., targeted advertising from third parties)
- In constructing and updating information about you and the audience segments that could be used for targeted marketing and advertising on the Services, other third parties platforms and services and mobile applications
- We may combine the data we gather about you from third-party sources and use cross-device tracking to fulfill the advertising and marketing reasons mentioned above.
- Reporting errors and bugs for understanding and fixing technical issues, app crashes, and other reported issues.
- Review consumer interactions with the Services to assess the location, frequency, effectiveness, and conformity of ads and advertising impressions.
- Security, Fraud, and Legal Compliance This includes identifying the occurrence, protecting against, and prosecuting security crimes as well as fraud and other illegal criminal activity, which includes:
- Be aware, prevent, and spot fraud, such as by authenticating your identity.
- Stop spam and other malware or security threats.
- We monitor the security of our Services, enforce it, and increase Our Security Services.
- Follow applicable rules, laws, and regulations, including subpoenas and government requests, or legal proceedings or as part of an investigation into a matter of law in our good faith belief that it is required or allowed by law.
- Establish, assert, or protect your legal rights (e.g., for example, to ensure the compliance of our Terms of Service Privacy Policies, our Terms of Service, and other agreements as well as legal obligations)
- We must protect Our Services or protect our users, or anyone else.
- How We Share the Information Collected
FashionsNews may release information it has collected from or about you through our Services to third-party businesses or individuals in accordance with the terms in the following sections:
- Service Providers. We might provide information to third-party vendors who perform the services we provide on behalf of our company, which include ordering and subscription fulfillment events and travel coordination, controlling our mailing lists, sending out email messages to us on behalf of our customers, processing transactions as well as providing customer support offering analytics, and other administrative functions to execute the services. For example, we use Shopify to power the Rolling Stone Store at rollingstone.com, the Billboard Store at shop.billboard.com, and the WWD Store at store.wwd.com. You can read more about how Shopify uses your information here: Shopify.
- Our Affiliates. We might share information that we have collected within the FashionsNews group of companies to offer goods and services to you, guarantee an unmatched quality of service throughout our services, as well as for internal management and administrative functions for our benefit and improve our products, services and your overall customer experience.
- Information You Disclose Publicly. You can submit photo profiles of users, user profiles and music, written materials, videos, photographs, comments, and other information that could contain details about you or other users (collectively, “UGC”) on the Services. We cannot determine who has access to the UGC you decide to make public or how they use the information, and we do not assume any responsibility for ensuring that such UGC is kept private or safe. The Services are also not accountable for the quality, use, and misuse that occurs with any UGC that you post or receive via the Services. Please refer to our Terms of Service for additional information regarding the conditions that apply to the UGC you share.
- Other Individuals, Services, and Partners at Your Request. We will provide your information to any other person or services upon request.
- Third-Party Contests and Promotions Providers. If you take part in an event or sweepstakes that third party hosts and you enter information through the sweepstakes or contest could be shared with that third party to be used by them according to their own policy.
- Third-Party Partners to Provide Co-Branded Products and Services. At times we may partner with retailers or a third party to offer subscriptions, products, services, summits and events, and other services in a cross-promotional or co-branded arrangement (“Co-Branded Areas”), like ChartStars in conjunction with Billboard. The information you submit to us in connection with Co-Branded Areas may be collected directly by or shared to FashionsNews to that third party along with any of the participating advertisers or sponsors of the Co-Branded Areas. The third party will use your personal information according to their own privacy policies.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide your data to third-party companies whose products might be of interest to you, including other marketers such as magazine publishers as well as retailers and participatory databases, as well as event sponsors and non-profit organizations. This may include licensing information on your interests and activities as well as marketing segments created using this information that we can provide to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Legal Grounds for Using (Processing) Your Information
If you’re a visitor to Europe or the European Economic Area, our legal basis for gathering and using the data that we have described above will be contingent on the data we are collecting and the context within which we gather it. We gather information from you:
- When we require it to fulfill our agreement to you (i.e. our terms of service) in order to offer the services you require;
- When the processing is in our legitimate interest (provided that they aren’t obstructed by your rights or interests) to safeguard our Services and protect against fraud, avoid misuse and address technical issues and respond to any requests for details and provide you with more efficient and efficient customer service. notify you of the Services and also promotions, surveys special events, as well as other subjects we think might be relevant to you (in compliance with applicable law rules) and learn more about your preferences and enhance our Services to better tailor the Services as well as carry out internal business operations to support of our Services like auditing sales and marketing, analysis, and research and development. establish and exercise or defend our legal rights
- In order to comply with our legal obligations under the law.
We might also gather and use personal information to your permission in other situations that will be disclosed for you to review at the moment of collection. You are able to withdraw your consent at any point, however you may not be able to access the feature or service that requires the collection or use of personal information.
Your Rights & Your Choices
- SMS Text Communications. You can opt out of receiving our SMS text message (which we send in compliance with the law applicable to us) in accordance with the directions included in the message or by texting STOP on the same number we sent the text to for the specific SMS message. When we receive an opt out message from you in regards to texts sent via SMS, we will send you a confirmation message to confirm that we have received your opt-out.
You may be able to choose to accept or decline (or decide to opt out) certain cookies used for specific advertising and analytics in our Services based on the jurisdiction you reside in. Certain analytics providers we collaborate with may offer specific opt-out options. For instance, if you want Google Analytics to stop making use of your data for analysis, please refer to our Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You can choose if you want to receive certain forms of targeted advertisements from various advertising networks and audience segment companies as well as ad service vendors and various other service providers by accessing websites run by the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance or, if you’re a member of the European Economic Area, your online choices. Most mobile devices permit users to choose to not receive targeted advertisements on mobile apps by using the settings in the mobile app or on your mobile device. For more details, look over your mobile’s settings. You can also change your preferences about advertising that is based on cookies in our “Cookie Management” section in our Cookie Notice below. If you opt out of the options above, you’ll be able to view ads whenever you use our Services, however it will not be targeted to your preferences based on your internet usage over time.
Certain laws in some jurisdictions give consumers the right to exercise certain control and choices with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of information about you.
If you’re an California or Virginia resident or a citizen within Canada, the EEA, UK, Canada or Switzerland you can apply for:
- Access to or a copy of our personal information about you.
- Correction of incorrect personal information we have on you.
- The deletion of some personal information we hold about you.
- Information on the financial incentives we provide to you, in the event that they exist.
- Objection or restriction to specific processing of your personal information,
- Refusal to us using your data for specific processing reasons, in cases where the processing goal was founded solely on the consent you gave us.